Tuesday 30 December 2008

What we did on Christmas Day...

Well, on Christmas Eve, Andrea said we were going somewhere and I had to pack. Again??!

OH!! And I was given two special Magazines from America that we could read on the way! We then left home, and walked up to the bus stop, and then got a Number 7 bus.

When we got off the bus, we crossed over the road and went down a little alleyway next to an Egyptian Coptic Church. Andrea said when she went to school, she walked past this church every day.


Underneath the cross, there was a sign remembering some men who fought in World War one.
Wow.

Then we walked up the side of a big park with a playground in it!

Oh! Have we arrived? We're staying here??!

We stayed in a little Guest Room - with twin beds in it, so I got a bed all to myself instead of sharing!!!

While Andrea was upstairs having dinner, I got busy making more books. I made sure I packed all the bits I needed and a glue stick!

I made two new artists books!!

After dinner, we were tired so we went to bed.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....!

Christmas Day!! They have a tree here too, with more presents underneath!

More food?? I can't eat all that?!?!

When we got home, Andrea showed me what we got!!
Look at all this fabulous paper I get to use!!!
And ribbons too!
There was one more present underneath Andrea's tree - someone had got me my own special drawing book with an embroidered cover!!
Just for me!
I must be a very nice Beanie......!

1 comment:

mim said...

Thanks for this "essay" Beanie. It brightened my day. I've been home 5 days, and today, sitting in my kitchen, nursing a cold with tea and honey and my sore foot by having it propped on a chair, I'm smiling at the thought of your lovely Christmas. Hugs and bisous!