Friday 18 December 2009

SNOW!!

This morning, Andrea got up early and very excited! When it got light enough to take pictures, she showed me what happened overnight!!

We got over 3 inches of snow....!

IT SNOWED!! They said on the radio that there weren't any buses in town, so Andrea wasn't able to go to work. She said we should go out and see if it was possible to walk to a different office building.....

And she took me with her!!!

OH!! It's very slippery!!

We decided it was too icy to walk to the other office, but we went to see if it snowed on the beach, since that was a lot closer!

The snow's even deeper here.... it comes up to my neck!

OH!! Where did the beach go?? The snow's covered up all the pebbles and goes all the way to the sea!!

Now look at that! Snow drifts on the beach!!

And you can't even see Brighton!!

We stopped long enough to make a snow mouse!!!
I love making snow mice!!

and I tried to ride this bike but it was chained to a pole so I couldn't.

And we even saw people having a sledge ride on the beach!!!
That's crazy - you're supposed to ride smurf boards on the beach, not sledges!!
After that, we went home for coffee to warm up, but later on, Andrea went out again...
And found a giant Snowball!!

5 comments:

Hammie Hamster said...

YES!!! You've got SNOW!!! I love the beach fence with the snow! Your snowmouse is very pretty! And I hope nobody is going to be hit by that Giant snowball!!! Enjoy your( extra long) weekend!

Sullivan McPig said...

You got snow too! how cool! Here the busses didn't ride either yesterday, but my owner always goes to her work on her bike so we couldn't stay home.

Beanie Mouse said...

Today it was -4 celcius when I got up and there was ice on the kitchen window!! We didn't leave the house until 2:30 p.m. becuase the pavement was too slippery!!

Hammie Hamster said...

I saw ice on the window of G.'s workingroom too (that's what you get when you live in a very old house that has no double glass at the rooms upstairs). Makes it winter-y inside too;-)

Beanie Mouse said...

Yes, I know what you mean!! My kitchen window has only one sheet of glass and the wooden frame doesn't fit very well. It gets very cold in my kitchen....