Tuesday 22 May 2012

Request for suggestions....

Google have recently changed their policy for photograph storage, and are now charging a small monthly fee (rather than a small annual fee!)  Although still very reasonable it actually works out over the year as more money I have to pay them for unlimited photo storage for the found-art blog and beanie's blog. 

Now, I don't have a problem with this as 1) it's still very affordable and 2) I still have a full time job that more than covers my monthly bills!!  HOWEVER, I just wonder if there's a way of making these blogs help pay for themselves.  I don't want to take Google adverts though - there's enough marketing going on as it is, and this found art blog is all about making art for free and giving it away for free.

Which leaves me with the etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/BeanieMouse   Is there anything on there that you'd like to see for sale?  Are the prices reasonable?  Do they need to come down?  Would you guys purchase ready made "Mail Art Kits" off there?  Does anyone have any good suggestions for ways I can help finance the pretty pictures on here?!  Please leave a comment - and the goods ones may get a Special Prize!!  (don't know what yet but the Mouse will think of something!!)

Thank you!!

PS see link here regarding Picasa storage http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=39567


2 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

WHAT??? I hadn't heard of this! Does this mean i will have to start to pay for the photo's on my blog, Bob's and Dilly's????

Beanie Mouse said...

I think it's to do with the amount of picture space taken up with Picasa. I had a similar email a couple of years back asking for $5 a year for extra storage, and i couldn't upload pictures until I paid it. Bit of a swizz perhaps but I kinda see the point if there's billions of us taking up them gigabite things. The new storage plan, cheapest version is $2.50 a month..... which is about £18 over the year in English money. Or stop putting pictures on the blog!!!