Thursday 15 July 2010

Buried Treasure......!!

My first Buried Treasure post is the first Artist book I ever made, out of a tag book someone sent me with additions of travel tickets, bus tickets, parking tickets, postage stamps, rubber stamps and beads.
This was lost on 27th June 2008 on the bus on the way to work, and has never been claimed!



My second buried treasure is this postcard made with decorative papers, bottle label, shop receipt, candy wrapper and stickers.
This was posted on 21st June 2008 and was "found" in Hawaii a few days later!!
You can read the comment on the original post, here http://found-art.blogspot.com/2008/06/postcard-5.html

8 comments:

MrCachet said...

These are wonderful! My spouse can't believe the stuff I pick up just because it catches my eye.

Poetic Artist said...

This is great..I am also looking down for found and collected objects.

Jo Archer said...

What a lovely idea. I shall be on the look out!

ArtPropelled said...

Intriguing little Artist Book!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love the concept of art being left *lost* and then found by a lucky person! It's been on my mind for a while and it's inspiring to find a blog of someone doing it. Good on you!

Svetlana said...

i like idea of the book as well. I don't hold my head up when walking anymore. Instead I'm looking down for some hidden treasures that I can use in my art. Recycling is the way to go.

deb said...

I love guerilla art, I love finding some almost as much as making some!

jill Zaheer said...

So glad I "found" your post. Love finding items on the street- always a surprise and always a gift. It's the serendiptious nature of the find and the awe in seeing something totally loved and unexpected. THanks so much for your repost!