Saturday 5 September 2009

Shoes 2 FOUND!!

On Sunday, we went for another walk along the beach - we'll post about that tomorrow - but on the way, we found these two abandoned Flip Flops!! Since there was no-one else on the beach, we rescued them and brought them home.

First of all, I shlepped gesso all over the bottom of the shoes.

And then I shlepped more gesso on the top of them!! I love shlepping!

Then i got my acrylic paint out and started painting one of the flip flops.

Just got to do the background now!!!

The portrait's finished!!

Then we painted the straps and put a bright orange flower on it!!!

Along the side, I wrote "Beanie Mouse Made This" and wrote my blog address on it!!!
Today, 5th September 2009, I mailed it to Somebody!!! Andrea said that the last Flip Flop we posted took twice as long to get there as mail in envelopes takes, so it might be a while before it arrives. But it should still get there though!! (And if it doesn't, we still have that other one that we can paint and mail instead!)
This was the 100th item to be Officially Found on this blog!

4 comments:

Linda Dunn said...

LOL

Perfect!

Hammie Hamster said...

Beautiful flip flop art! Have a nice weekend!

Sullivan McPig said...

Very beautiful! It does look a bit like Coco.

RodeEgel said...

Yaaaaaaaay!!! I found the flip-flop (MY flip-flop that Beanie made) in the mail today! So nice! Thanx a lot Beanie and Andrea! THANX!
:D